Wednesday, March 01, 2023

Konstanz Working Cafés #10: Doppio Dolce Vita

Another café to work in! This one, Doppio Dolce Vita Konstanz, is special and different in some ways.

Advantages:

  • Good coffee.
  • Reliable wifi.
  • Power sockets.
  • Special working space. It’s called a “coworking space” but you can also just go in there and work on your own.
Coworking space at Doppio.
  • Good location, a stone’s throw from the Münsterplatz and close to Konzilstraße and Schottenplatz bus stops.
Disadvantages:
  • Rental cost for the working space. It’s not very expensive – €5 per hour, with 10% off drinks – but I’d rather not pay anything at all. There’s no meaningful reduction if you’re there for longer, either (€1 off if you’re there for 4 hours, or buy 7 get 1 free).
  • Underwhelming food options. A decent food selection is hardly a sine qua non for working cafés, but it’s a nice to have.
  • Not very attentive staff. The first time I was in the working space, I was basically ignored for the three hours I was there. When I wanted another coffee I had to go back to the main area and get their attention. This was a Saturday, admittedly, and crowded, so I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. But I came back on a weekday afternoon and the same thing happened.
Price of a regular black coffee: I don’t remember, and it doesn’t have it on the website. I’ll update this when I get the chance.

Overall rating: ☕️☕️☕️☕️ (4/5).

No comments: